The French High School offers a challenging academic programme from Secondary 1 to Secondary 5. Our students graduate with a High School diploma (the Diplôme d’Études Secondaires, Formation générale) accredited by the Quebec Ministry of Education (Ministère de l’Éducation, Enseignement Supérieur du Québec).This is accomplished within the context of Christian life training that features:
- Home room devotions at every level including Bible readings and prayer.
- Bible as part of the curriculum
- Student-led assemblies featuring Bible-reading, choruses, prayer and guest speakers. Assemblies marking special events in the Christian calendar.
- Teachers, who must fully endorse the Statement of Faith of the school and present a Christian world and life view in all of their courses.
- Students in the French sector may take English as Second Language or as Mother Tongue, depending on scheduling and student ability.
- A Science and Mathematics programme designed to prepare capable students for entry into Health Sciences or Pure and Applied Sciences at the CEGEP level.
- Science fairs in Secondary 2, 3 and 5 which lead to regional and provincial competitions.
- Local and international mission opportunities for Secondary 3 students.
- Annual Public Speaking contest as part of the English Language Arts and the Français Langue Maternelle curriculums. Winners proceed to finals against other QAIS schools.
- An annual drama presentation by our Creative Arts Drama class.
- A Creative Arts programme at all grade levels (art, drama, music and dance).
- A variety of extra-curricular sports such as Basketball, Badminton, Soccer, Track & Field and Floor Hockey depending on student interest.
- An active student council which organizes a variety of activities such as lunchtime games, free dress days, pizza days, formals, retreats and more.
- Positive Behaviour Strategy.
- School intranet system for easy tracking of student progress.
The school’s program features: